Number Animoto

Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Tool #10-Apps

Yes, I am skipping around in my tools. I went ahead and did tool 10, and as an added challenge, I am doing this from my iPhone.

Looking at the pic below of my iPhone screen, you will see two blog apps at the bottom. They both cost money. The blog writer didn't work ($1.99). The BlogPress is what I am using now ($2.99) and it seems to be working.





Now on to the actual assignment... Education Apps.
The screen above shows many of the math apps I have been playing with.
- Find Sums is an amazing app for primary. There are two modes- part part whole or apples in a 10 frame. You can increase the numbers, but this helps with the idea of 10ness (being able to look at a number and understand what number is needed to get to 10)











- Zen of 10 also helps with 10ness. On this app, you are timed to clear the screen of numbers. You have to touch two numbers at the same time that equal 10.







- Math Dice - This app is not about 10ness but rather looking at numbers and deciding what operation (addition, subtraction, multiplication, or division) to choose based on the dice rolled to clear your board.












The screen above shows a 5 and 2 rolled. I can make 7 by adding, but I already cleared my 7. I can subtract to clear my 3 or multiply to clear my 10. This app is for upper elementary, and it will help the kids see numbers and know the possible operations to use in order to win.

These are my apps. I think some of them were paid, but we'll figure that out.

I hope this post works.

Salas
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

1 comment:

  1. These are some apps that I didn't know about. Have you shared them with Kristen?

    ReplyDelete