Number Animoto

Thursday, July 22, 2010

Tool # 3 1/2

This is my Wordle. Still have to do a picture mash-up of some sort. I skipped tool 2 since my account is still being set up. I'll respond to those questions later. I think they said I should be set up in 3 days.

Wordles have uses. I made one of some of the vocabulary needed for addition, subtraction, multiplication and division. Our kids need practice with vocabulary in a variety of ways... especially ELLs. Imagine a math workstation where they have to go and create a wordle on vocabulary over a certain topic (not daily, but every now and then) or make a Voki that tells a word problem they created. We need our students to communicate math. We need our kids writing in math... reading in math...sharing and being participating learners in math.

Hi... I am the new math SIS at Hollibrook. Nice to meet you.

1 comment:

  1. Welcome to Hollibrook!
    I'm the AB (Adaptive Behavior) Teacher at Hollibrook! Love all the PICS on your BLOG very CrEaTiVe :o)
    Stephanie

    ReplyDelete